Often overshadowed by the Nanjing Massacre, the occupation of Hangzhou during World War II by the Japanese was no less brutal. Using primary sources, Dr. Joseph W. Ho, Assistant Professor of History, Albion College and Prof. Charles Bright, Arthur J. Thurnau Professor of History, University of Michigan, co-authors of the book “War and Occupation in China,” explored the first hand accounts of one American missionary during the occupation. Recorded November 5, 2019.
- A Panel Discussion: Racism Under COVID
- Lecture Video: Identity Politics of Overseas Chinese in Thailand
- Lecture Video: Mapping Digital Game Culture-From Internet Addicts to Esports Athletes
- Global Asia Institute and New York Southeast Asia Network Present
- Global Asia Institute Presents Faculty Book Talk